For this tutorial you will need:
1. Unzip the three zip files into your Tutorials folder. If you don't have one, create one in your My Documents folder. You can also unzip the sparkle.pspimage into your "C:\My Documents\My PSP8 Files\Picture Tubes\" folder.
2. Open up the PinkTribalAngel_Janet.pspimage to your workspace. Press Ctrl-D which will duplicate your image and close down the original image.
3. Now go to 'Image | Canvas Size' and increase the size to 460 x 460 pixels and centre the image in your canvas. Go to your layer palette and click on the 'Watermark' layer and delete it, then duplicate the remaining Image layer.
4. Click on the eye next to the 'Image' layer so that you can't see it, and then click once on the 'Copy of Image' to make it active.
5. Go to 'Effects | Plugins' and look for your DSB Flux plugin, and find Center Mirror and use the following settings. Then click 'Okay'.
6. Now go to 'Effects | Distortion Effects | Twirl' and use the following settings and click 'OK'.
7. Once again go to 'Effects | Plugins | Xero | Porcelain' and use the following settings, then click 'OK'.
8. Now with your mouse drag the top layer on your layer palette down underneath the hidden layer. Open up you hidden layer and activating the 'Layer' layer, resize the angel to 80% of the original size. Make sure you don't have 'All Layers' checked at the bottom of the window, as you only want the top layer resized at this time.
9. Once she has been resized, go back to 'Effects | Plugins | Xero | Porcelain' and use the same settings as before on the angel layer.
10. Move the angel to where you would like her situated on the swirl effect - I used slightly off centre. Then go to 'Effects | 3D Effects | Drop Shadow' and give her a drop shadow using these settings - click 'OK'.
11. You can now merge the visible layers, and are ready to insert your text.
12. Open up the second image file from the textfill.zip and minimize it on your workspace.
13. Activate your text tool, and use the following settings for your text:
- Font - Sloop Script Two
- Foreground - #E76091
- Background - textfill.pspimage
- Stroke Width - 2
- Text Size - 72
- Create As - Vector
I use Vector text on most tags as it makes it easier to manipulate on the image to get just the right positioning and look.
If the text looks too big across the image, or your name is longer than mine, use a smaller size on your font - but remember to adjust the stroke width as you could end up having a heavier looking text across your graphic. ;o)
14. Apply a drop shadow using the same settings as you did for the graphic. You should be left with two layers only at this point, the one with your graphic and the one with your name.
The animation can be accomplished quickly and easily even for those who have never done one before.
1. Make your graphic 'Layer' active, then add three new clean layers. Label them 1, 2 and 3 - to keep them straight in your head.
2. Activate '1' and your select your 'Tube' tool. Find your sparkle.pspimage - this should appear in the preview pane of your tubes tool (if you unzipped it into your "My PSP8 Files" folder, earlier).
3. Resize the tube to 30% and place the small sparkle randomly over the feathers of the angel on layer '1'. Three or four on each side should be plenty.
4. Repeat this procedure after making layer '2' active. The same again, randomly, no more than 4 on each side.
5. Make layer '3' active and add three or four sparkles to each side again. (Try to place all sparkles on the three layers at different areas.)
6. Hide layers 2 and 3 and go to 'Files | Export | JPEG Optimizer'. I use the settings:
Save the file as aw1.jpg - and remember where you saved this file.
- Set Compression Value to: 20
- Chroma Subsampling: None
- Background Color: #FFFFFF
- Format: Standard
7. Now hide layers 1 and 3 and save the file again through the JPEG Optimizer. This time saving as aw2.jpg.
8. For the final time, hide layers 1 and 2 and save the file through the JPEG Optimizer as aw3.jpg.
9. You are now ready to open up JASC Animation Shop.
10. I always use the wizard for making animations, its easy and quick and you can play around with the settings to get just the right effect.
11. Click on the little 'Animation Wizard' icon (it's just under the 'File' tab in your Animation Shop browser0 and a window will appear. Follow the prompts on each page as follows:
- Same Size as the First Image - checked - Next
- Opaque - checked - Next
- Upper Left Corner of the Frame - checked
- With Canvas Color - checked
- Scale Frames to Fit - unchecked - Next
- Yes, repeat the animation indefinitely - checked
- How long do you want... etc - 20 - Next
- Add Image - now search for the three files and click on each of them (holding down your Ctrl key) - Open
- Add image - click on aw2.jpg again and click Open. You should now have four images in the little window in this order:
- Click Next
- Click 'Finish'
12. Go to 'View | Animation' and your animated tag should appear above your static files.
13. You are now ready to save the file to your sig tags folder.
14. Click save and follow the prompts as below:
- Choose your image name
- Best Image Quality - have the slider right to the top.
- Use the settings when saving unoptimized files - unchecked - Next
- - Next
- - Next
- - Finish
Your sig tag is now ready to use!
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions - please contact me on the link below.